Thursday, October 18, 2012

Get Your Free Elf Here!

The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition with Blue Eyed North Pole Pixie-Elf
This school year is flying and I miss having the chance to lounge around in pjs blogging and making nifty stuff for TPT!  This is going to be a quickie and a warm up for myself to try and get back into this routine!  Love this book and I've seen it at many of my friend's houses with families, but I don't yet have my elf...until now!  The "Elf on the Shelf" publishers are giving 5,000 of these adorable books and dolls away to the first 5,000 teachers who register with their site.  It's a really neat site as well, with grade level appropriate activities and sections specifically designed for each grade level group.  I'm not sure if I would use this book with fifth graders, as I always avoid the topic of Santa altogether (you never know who still believes and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news to anyone!).  With that said, I can't wait to share this super cute story with my own kids someday!  This little elf is Santa's helper and he comes with a few rules.  You can talk to him, tell him your wishes, but never touch him.  He will fly back to the North Pole each night and relay his observations of all the good girls and boys to Santa and return to a different spot in the house each night.  Each morning, the kids get up and scramble to find where the elf has relocated!  I can only imagine the fun the little guys would have with this and can't wait to dig deeper into their site for suggested uses for the upper grades.  Click the book above to visit the site; step-by-step instructions for getting your own elf are listed here.  Enjoy and hope Santa brings you a free "Elf on a Shelf!"

4 comments:

  1. I went to this website and signed up. Is this all I need to do to get an elf? I did not see anything that said click here to request elf??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww yes but I'm afraid they might have closed the registration...it was limited to first 5000...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my elf!!!! Wondering if anyone out there got there's?

    ReplyDelete